OCI (Open Catalog Interface) makes your procurement process more efficient
Efficiency is a cornerstone of a company's success, and this statement not only applies to the engineering or energy consumption of machines and systems. It also applies to the procurement process, as the automation of certain procedures is also gaining in importance in this field. The automated procurement process, for instance, is possible thanks to OCI (Open Catalog Interface).
This standardised interface for catalog data allows you, as customers, to swap data sets been your procurement system and the electronic catalogs from Bosch Rexroth. OCI is the link that connects your goods management system directly to our eShop. Thanks to this direct connection, you can order items from us straight from your system. The products selected by you are placed in the eShop shopping basket and are transferred to your goods management system once the transaction is complete. The order is then sent at a later point, either via EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) or fax, as you prefer.
Your benefits at a glance:
- You always have access to the latest prices and delivery times thanks to the connection with the Bosch Rexroth eShop
- All vital information, such as material numbers and descriptions, quantity, prices and delivery time, relating to the items you have chosen are automatically transferred to your procurement system
- Sources of errors are reduced as fewer manual entries are necessary
- As a general rule, no changes are required to your procurement system in order to implement OCI
- Complex items that require additional information have special configuration rules and tailored search screens
- You do not incur any additional costs for hardware and software
Do you want personalised advice about OCI?
Contact the OCI advisor team via email (contact form)
You can get advice on OCI over the phone on: +49 9352 18-4120