A wedge conveyor is always used if the conveyed product
- cannot be transported vertically on a standard conveyor due to its design
- cannot manage steep vertical inclines (> 30°) due to the position of its center of gravity
- could be damaged by lateral or upper guides due to its sensitive surfaces
- must not slide on a 90° incline or decline section (as would happen with a cleated chain system, for example)
- conveying is to be carried out without special sequencing
A wedge conveyor has two conveyors arranged in parallel to each other which can be quickly set at variable widths by means of the adjustment unit (AL).