Whether for machine tools, printing or packaging machines, or assembly, handling and robotics applications – protecting people from uncontrolled machine movements is a top priority.
Clear guidelines issued by the EU
All machine manufacturers are obliged to carry out a hazard evaluation and risk analysis prior to design. This is stipulated in the European Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. Moreover, any potential hazards detected must be eliminated step by step. Safety should be integrated in the machinery and meet the "state of the art".
How safe can you get?
IndraDrive is redefining the state of the art because it integrates safety directly in the drive, resulting in ultra-short response times. IndraDrive therefore demonstrates what safety technology today can and must deliver – IndraDrive is faster because the movement is monitored directly where it is generated. This is the critical advantage, especially when it comes to monitoring direct drives or other high-dynamic drives, for example.
Minimum reaction times despite maximum drive dynamics
With the new IndraDrive generation from Rexroth, a variety of safety functions are available right inside the drive – without any detours through the control. This increases reliability, saves on additional monitoring components, and reduces installation cost and effort.
This is all made possible by redundant software and hardware components in the drive. The non-contact monitoring of all set limit values enables very short response times of less than 2 ms. As soon as a fault is detected, all the drives are automatically stopped depending on the stop category selected (0, 1 or 2).
Safety functions inside the drive effectively protect people and machines
- High reliability due to certified integrated safety functions
- Extremely fast reaction times (< 2 ms) on actuation by internal monitors
- No need for additional measuring systems or evaluation devices
- Online dynamic sampling of the inputs and shutoff paths while work is in progress
- PROFIsafe interface with reduced configuration and installation effort and safe, decentralized I/Os
- Reduced certification effort and short series start-up times